As part of BC AHSN, Clinical Trials BC strengthens British Columbia’s capacity and competitiveness for attracting world class clinical trials to our hospitals, research institutions and communities.
Working with partners across BC’s clinical research community, Clinical Trials BC is focused on five strategic priorities:
- Business development – Attracting new investment by networks, associations and industry partners by promoting BC’s clinical trials capacity, technology platforms, and expertise;
- Capacity development and training – Increasing province-wide capacity for conducting high quality clinical trials that meet strict ethical and regulatory standards;
- Enabling environment – Supporting clinical trials excellence, efficiency, effectiveness, innovation, and value for all stakeholders by advancing practices and processes;
- Patient/participant experience – Optimizing British Columbians’ participation in clinical trials by helping to remove barriers to participation; and
- Sustainability – Ensuring long term sustainability and agility to respond effectively to new challenges as they arise.
Clinical Trials BC builds upon and expands the functions of the former BC Clinical Research Infrastructure Network (BCCRIN).
For more information about Clinical Trials BC, please email Jean Smart.